Real Magick?
Ashe
 Posted: 27th September 2016, 4:02 PM
the feathered fae
Administrator
234 posts
Joined 12.Apr.15
Cali

I've made a few friends who are Wiccan and also study up a little bit on modern day magick and energy healing. They were telling me that they are often influenced and inspired by fae in their practices as they feel a deep connection to nature and their emotions. Above all, studying the practice helps them to feel enlightened and in touch with their inner self.

Originally I had started working on this site as a means of creating a costuming site, but now I wonder if others are into witch practices as well? Is your fae side rooted deeper than costuming and renaissance faires?

Open for discussion! http://i.imgur.com/gHxkm6c.gif

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood faerie

Administrator Account - Have a question? Need some help?
Private message or email me!
PMEmail
^
Saelyyia
 Posted: 5th October 2016, 10:13 AM
The Twilight Rose
Administrator
267 posts
Joined 5.Nov.15
Southern California

I tend to often stay away from conversations like these because I usually prefer to keep my personal beliefs to myself so as to not make others or myself feel uncomfortable about them, but this was an intriguing concept.

I have always been a bit unusual. As a child between my very busy and structured training as a ballet dancer and girl scout badge hunting I always liked being outside. My mother loved to garden and if she was outside I was with her. Always climbing trees, playing in the garden, or dressing up like an elven princess and trying to cast magic spells (I was about 6 so no judging please.) As I got older I was raised by a VERY Christian mother who did not tolerate anything she considered to be Pagan, but my Nana was Wiccan and my father is a bit more old world as well. When I was in my early teens my beliefs started to form on their own as I began to grow into someone very Independent from my strict upbringing.

At this point in time when asked I tell people I am a spiritual being not a religious one, as I feel that it is up to the individual to know what they are connected to and how best to respect those connections. In my case I feel a connection to nature very deeply. Her calmness and ability to sooth and create life, as well as her fierce and unyielding ability to keep the cycle going even if that means that some things must come to an end. My fae/mermaid costuming actually stemmed from this. I have always prefered the high fantasy style fashions in general for my wardrobe when I am not in a professional setting. But as those of who have met me in person may be able to tell you, my ensembles often have a very elemental or season feel to them.

My unicorn is very early spring with her soft pastels and ethereal flowing skirts and the flowers that cascade down her ankles and hooves, while her dark mane (my hair is pomegranate red) and matching tail remind me of the dark stillness of the recently passed winter. She was designed after spending a weekend strolling a botanical garden with my mother when I had a dream about what it would be like if there were magical beings that walked among all the beautiful fresh blooms.

My iconic Fairy of the Green forest, was inspired by a photograph of a forested area up in Northern Washington where a good friend of mine lives. She represents the deep green of late spring/early summer. The short tunic is whimsical, while still being practical. I can climb through trees and play amongst nature or frolic through a field and not have to worry about catch on things. At night I blend into the greenery and overall it feels like home. It was my very first creation and was in my mind the very picture of a living nature spirit.

Whenever I am in one of my faesonas, there is a sense of home and a deeper connection to mother earth, the moon, the elements. I pull to nature and a reminder to listen, learn, and respect my surroundings....anyways I think I got a bit sidetracked there. In short, I do believe that the world has magic out there. I think we as human beings have lost site of our connection to the earth around us with our busy lives and carefree destruction of nature to make way for things like high rises, subways, flat screen tvs, etc, but that it is still out there even if it is just the smallest bit. Whether you pray to God, Mother Earth, or any other deity the answers to me are magic. The trick is knowing where to look and being open to the possibilty.

--------------------
~~~ Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic ~~~

PMEmailWebsite
^
Ashe
 Posted: 18th January 2017, 8:52 AM
the feathered fae
Administrator
234 posts
Joined 12.Apr.15
Cali

I've been getting into crystals lately. There's a lot of lore surrounding them, including healing and psychic uses, to even being able to summon deities and fae. While I've never encountered them or have heard first hand accounts, I do believe they bring a fresh, cleansing energy to any room and they simply look and feel magical.

I'm fond of wearing them as jewelry along with small jar pendants filled with herbs (I use them for aromatherapy). When I walked into one of my favorite crystal and spiritual healing shops wearing them, the woman took one look at me and asked, "You're fae, aren't you?" I didn't quite know how to respond, as I believe she was referring to faekin although I'm just an artist and costumer. It was still a very cool experience, and I think she just felt it in my energy.

I've been wondering if any other fae are drawn to crystals or simply have an interest in them and why they do. They seem like a trinket any fae (either real or a costumer) would carry around as a charm.

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood faerie

PMEmail
^
SarahFae
 Posted: 1st February 2017, 4:05 PM
Nursery Rhyme
10 posts
Joined 27.Mar.16
Oregon

Oh Setorin, I wish you could fly over here and see my crystal collection. I've been hoarding all types since I was little!

I actually just started learning about all the different healing properties they're supposed to have. Not gonna lie I think it's some pretty cool stuff. I've been talking to this lady who owns a spiritual and reiki healing shop near my town, I've been learning lots.

I also have a couple of Wiccan friends who practice herbal magic as well. It's pretty interesting, actually kind of a beautiful practice when it comes down to it.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Blather & Babble | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

©