Pan Flutes Anyone
Saelyyia
 Posted: 9th May 2016, 3:44 PM
The Twilight Rose
Administrator
267 posts
Joined 5.Nov.15
Southern California

So I am very excited. I just ordered myself a pentatonic scale pan-flute. I love the concept of having the ability to play music while in my faesonas. Plus I have always loved the sound of panflutes. It also beats trying to carry my oboe around http://i.imgur.com/BhkEP7T.gif There just isn't the same magic in it. Does anyone else have any thoughts on pan-flutes, or other similar instruments and the fae?

--------------------
~~~ Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic ~~~

Administrator Account - Have a question? Need some help?
Private message or email me!
PMEmailWebsite
^
Nightshade
 Posted: 9th May 2016, 9:52 PM
Nursery Rhyme
21 posts
Joined 1.Apr.16
N/A

I have a poor little pan flute I got from Earthbound that doesn't sound too great, I also have a songbird ocarina little six hole ocarina. I can't play it however because tabs for six holes are far less easy to find than twelve holes...I'd love a 12, but they can be pricey. I always mean to put in the time with my ocarina but haven't yet. I'd really love a violin but again, not something I know how to play as of yet.

I love Twig's split flute she has, I researched into it at one point thinking about making one. She has (had?) a lovely show she does at Scarbrough where she plays with a gnome and a troll.

I would love a conch horn for my mermaid as well.
PM
^
Ashe
 Posted: 10th May 2016, 6:45 AM
the feathered fae
Administrator
234 posts
Joined 12.Apr.15
Cali

Congrats on your flute! I look forward to hearing it http://i.imgur.com/gHxkm6c.gif

I think that I'll start saving up for one for my faun after I get this big costume over with. I've always loved fauns with pan flutes after seeing Mr. Tumnus in Narnia with his beautiful music.

I currently play a melody harp. I was planning on brining it to the small Nottingham faire a month back, but it was raining so I decided against it. I really love how it sounds when I play it freely, but I would love to learn some songs that other people would recognize as well http://i.imgur.com/VHksnm1.gif

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood faerie

PMEmail
^
Saelyyia
 Posted: 10th May 2016, 8:38 AM
The Twilight Rose
Administrator
267 posts
Joined 5.Nov.15
Southern California

Somewhere in storage I have a small clay 4 hole ocarina that my father bought for me when I was about 6 and the family still attended faire every year. I played it for years. I also have an oboe, but its not really an easy instrument to take on outings. Twigs flute is wonderful, I am not as familiar with that style but it definitely helps with that whimsical feel. Its appearance reminds me of the one Jen plan in The Dark Crystal.

--------------------
~~~ Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic ~~~

PMEmailWebsite
^
Leafy the Fairy
 Posted: 9th November 2016, 11:45 PM
Nursery Rhyme
34 posts
Joined 22.Feb.16
WNY

I play a bit on an irish tin whistle and have been experimenting with making ceramic ocarinas. I made a 4 hole and am currently trying my hand at a 10 hole Zelda type.
PMWebsite
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Blather & Babble | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

©