Fancy Fairy Wings & Things
Saelyyia
 Posted: 21st April 2016, 10:25 AM
The Twilight Rose
Administrator
263 posts
Joined 5.Nov.15
Southern California

So if you are familiar with the work of the wing maker Fairy Angela of Fancy Fairy Wings you know that her wings are beyond amazing! I know I posted a review thread for my bloodvine wings from her, but I figured this would be a great place to have a thread to just discuss her work in general. Speaking of which have any of you seen her new redesign on her tinkerbell inspired wings, the "Trinket Wings"? I can't wait to snag a pair in the future for my pixie hollow cosplays!

--------------------
~~~ Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic ~~~

Administrator Account - Have a question? Need some help?
Private message or email me!
PMEmailWebsite
^
Nightshade
 Posted: 21st April 2016, 4:55 PM
Nursery Rhyme
21 posts
Joined 1.Apr.16
N/A

I have been thinking about making a Fancy Fairy thread lately. I won a bit of money and I went to her site to see about a pair and saw she isn't doing custom work at all anymore...Flash sales only, all at a higher price... http://i.imgur.com/Jy4dpse.gif

I have been trying to research how to make a pair using her technique but haven't found the proper info. I still want to save up for a pair, but it's all luck of the click now.
PM
^
Saelyyia
 Posted: 21st April 2016, 5:12 PM
The Twilight Rose
Administrator
263 posts
Joined 5.Nov.15
Southern California

She has some special trade secrets and her system for making them is a bit different than the average cellophane wing making. I got my bloodvine wings from her a few months before she stopped doing custom orders but she is still selling through Etsy. The not doing custom isn't permanent though as far as I know, she just got overwhelmed and burned out on doing custom orders. And I know the cost is up there but for what it costs her to produce them and the quality trust me it is definitely worth it. Setorin can attest to it to; she has seen mine.

--------------------

PMEmailWebsite
^
Nightshade
 Posted: 21st April 2016, 5:22 PM
Nursery Rhyme
21 posts
Joined 1.Apr.16
N/A

Oh no, I don't mind the extra cost with how popular she has gotten. Her post today said she wasn't gonna be making customs anytime soon. I don't blame her, just hard to get the color you want now. I think what I'm missing is the clear vinyl some use in their cello wings. Her wings used to be around $200, now they seem to go for around $300 but she seems to have been posting bigger designs or designs with added pieces for that price too.
PM
^
Ashe
 Posted: 21st April 2016, 7:04 PM
the feathered fae
Administrator
234 posts
Joined 12.Apr.15
Cali

Oh yep, I was swooning over Saelyyia's wings the entire day! Beautiful and extremely well made. I'm falling for those Trinket wings now... http://i.imgur.com/VHksnm1.gif

Here is her website http://i.imgur.com/gHxkm6c.gif
Fancy Fairy Wings by Angela Jarman

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood faerie

PMEmail
^
Saelyyia
 Posted: 13th January 2017, 9:46 AM
The Twilight Rose
Administrator
263 posts
Joined 5.Nov.15
Southern California

I am so excited. I have ordered my first Fancy Fairy headpiece now and am just waiting for it to arrive. It was the http://i.imgur.com/gHxkm6c.gif Morgana "Deadly Absinthe" Gothic Fairy Headdress http://i.imgur.com/gHxkm6c.gif That matches my "Deadly Absinthe" Wings by Angela as well. My mate has decided to attend LoJ this year with me and he leans toward the unseelie, dark, and twisty side of things so I will be putting together something over the top for us to attend together in. I will post a review of the head piece once it comes in though for anyone interested I will probably do a video on it as well.

Photo from Angela's Shopify store of her wearing it:
Attached Image

Attached 1 File(s)

--------------------

PMEmailWebsite
^
Pixiegirl
 Posted: 30th January 2017, 5:21 PM
Nursery Rhyme
14 posts
Joined 30.Jan.17
Pixie Hollow

Those are so cool! I wish I could afford a pair, but it would take me forever to save up that much with my allowance. Maybe for christmas or something though I could convince my family. Do they do any Tinkerbell style wings?

--------------------
I believe in fairies!
PM
^
Saelyyia
 Posted: 31st January 2017, 9:59 AM
The Twilight Rose
Administrator
263 posts
Joined 5.Nov.15
Southern California

Yes, Angela does offer a "tinkerbell" Style wing; style name is "Trinket". If you follow her social media you can see what wings she has recently made and when they will be going up for sale since she no longer does custom work and is functioning almost exclusively off of flash sales these days.

--------------------

PMEmailWebsite
^
SarahFae
 Posted: 1st February 2017, 3:59 PM
Nursery Rhyme
10 posts
Joined 27.Mar.16
Oregon

Ah man, you got the dark absinthe pieces? I was swooning over them when she released the pictures! Well I expect lots of pictures when you get your outfit together http://i.imgur.com/GpvxHxj.gif

I kinda hope she'll do more dark pieces. I'm liking the idea of dark fairies.
PM
^
QueenFLoratheFairy
 Posted: 19th July 2017, 8:21 AM
Nursery Rhyme
4 posts
Joined 9.Jun.16
Colorado

I was so happy to get my Bubble Rider wings when I did! Because a few months later she stopped doing orders. Then she posted a pair of Queen Flora Fairy Wings and I died and haven't been bale to get my hands on that design. I want them because they are literally my fairy name!

I love her work so much! I will treasure the two pairs I do have!
PMEmailWebsite
^
Saelyyia
 Posted: 19th July 2017, 8:35 AM
The Twilight Rose
Administrator
263 posts
Joined 5.Nov.15
Southern California

Same. Her work is just beyond amazing, incredibly durable, and Fancy Fairy herself is such a sweetie. I was so glad I got to meet her last year at LOJ. What a humble soul.

--------------------

PMEmailWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Wings | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

©