Dark Crystal Prequel Series
Saelyyia
 Posted: 27th July 2017, 9:54 AM
The Twilight Rose
Administrator
267 posts
Joined 5.Nov.15
Southern California

I'm curious if anyone else is interested in The Dark Crystal prequel series that Netflix is currently working on with the Jim Hensen studio? As a child I absolutlely loved that movie. Between Jim Hensen's amazing Puppets and the artistic work of Brian and Wendy Froud it was just the right mix of dark/creepy and fantasy. Somewhere I even think there is a video of me dressed up in one of my fairy costumes when I was a little girl standing infront of our old Tube television watching the VHS forwards and then hitting rewind immediately when it ended and watching it backwards. Rinse and repeat for hours on the weekend. granted I was about 4 so forgive me the damage to the tape itself.

--------------------
~~~ Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic ~~~

Administrator Account - Have a question? Need some help?
Private message or email me!
PMEmailWebsite
^
NamelessBaroness
 Posted: 28th July 2017, 6:02 AM
Nursery Rhyme
15 posts
Joined 7.Feb.16
N/A

I'm cautiously excited. I'm so pleased Brian Froud is involved, but since there's been no actual footage put out, I'm reserving my squee.

--------------------
~The Nameless Baroness
PM
^
Pixiegirl
 Posted: 28th July 2017, 10:49 AM
Nursery Rhyme
14 posts
Joined 30.Jan.17
Pixie Hollow

One of my friends shared something on FB about that thing. Didn't they show some of the sketches and artwork for the new on it is or was that part of the old one? I haven't actually seen that movie but it would be cool to. Its kinda old isn't it like in the 80's?

--------------------
I believe in fairies!
PM
^
NamelessBaroness
 Posted: 29th July 2017, 6:03 AM
Nursery Rhyme
15 posts
Joined 7.Feb.16
N/A

You can see the trailer that has been released here. It's a bunch of sketches and shots of the puppet build. Which is really cool! I love it. But there only a split second of actual show footage, so no sense of how the story or writing will be. If nothing else, I am confident it will look fantastic!

--------------------
~The Nameless Baroness
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

©