Hello To All!
QueenFLoratheFairy
 Posted: 19th July 2017, 8:49 AM
Nursery Rhyme
4 posts
Joined 9.Jun.16
Colorado

http://i.imgur.com/ExG2Z8u.gif Hello there! http://i.imgur.com/ExG2Z8u.gif

I wanted to finally step out an introduce myself! I am Raven Jackson in human form. In fairy, I am Flora the Fairy, Queen of the fairy village of Fairfe at the Santa Fe Renaissance Festival. I rule beside my King, Foster the Elf, owl rider and protector of the realm.

Attached Image

I am flower/spring time fae learning the ropes of ruling and the other facets of my blossoming (pun intended) powers.

I am also the event coordinator/cast helper for the village. So far we have just been to the Children's Hospital in Aurora, but I want to get us out to many more!

Attached Image

I currently reside in Colorado and make the yearly trip down to Santa Fe New Mexico for the Renaissance Festival there. I also visit Colorado Renaissance Festival when I am not working at the chainmail booth Khatovar Chainmail during festival. I am starting to add other festivals to the rotation to visit like the Boulder Tulip Festival and Unicorn Festival. If you live in Colorado and have suggestions, please let me know!

I have also opened myself to start exploring birthday parties, if you have any advice there please let me know. When I Would be out at festival parents were asking left and right if i did birthday parties. I haven't done one yet but I have a plan of action if it comes up.

Attached Image

Please ask me questions if you have any for me and check out my Facebook page and Instagram (@florathefairy)!!

https://www.facebook.com/FloraTheFlowerFairy/

Attached 3 File(s)
PMEmailWebsite
^
Ashe
 Posted: 19th July 2017, 9:20 AM
the feathered fae
Administrator
234 posts
Joined 12.Apr.15
Cali

Welcome, Flora! Glad to have you join us, you make a beautiful queen http://i.imgur.com/JsekN3Q.gif

One of our members, Saelyyia does a lot of parties, I'm sure she'd love to give you a couple of pointers for when you start! As for the rest of the community, I hope we can be a place of guidance and support to you http://i.imgur.com/VHksnm1.gif

Gorgeous wings, by the way!

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood faerie

Administrator Account - Have a question? Need some help?
Private message or email me!
PMEmail
^
Saelyyia
 Posted: 19th July 2017, 9:31 AM
The Twilight Rose
Administrator
268 posts
Joined 5.Nov.15
Southern California

Hi Queen Flora,

Welcome to the Faenetwork family, glad to have another new face here among us. I have to say those photos you shared are to die for. Your ensembles are just stunning. Outside of those beautiful bubble rider wings do you make your costumes your self or do you have some go to makers that you like to work with?

Also I would love to hear more of the details on what it is like being a travel faire fae and what that experience is like. We have some local faires out here and my mum is part of one of the guilds that puts them on but they don't often have magical elements outside of the patrons so it is something I would be really interested in learning more about.

And lastly I think you might enjoy birthday's. I am a children's party entertainer and it really is a blast because as opposed to festivals where it is very sand-boxish, at least the ones I've worked. The parties really give you a chance to create and lead the children through their own magical adventure of your own imagination.

--------------------
~~~ Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic ~~~

Administrator Account - Have a question? Need some help?
Private message or email me!
PMEmailWebsite
^
QueenFLoratheFairy
 Posted: 21st July 2017, 12:50 PM
Nursery Rhyme
4 posts
Joined 9.Jun.16
Colorado

QUOTE (Saelyyia @ 19th July 2017, 9:31 AM)
Hi Queen Flora,

Welcome to the Faenetwork family, glad to have another new face here among us. I have to say those photos you shared are to die for. Your ensembles are just stunning. Outside of those beautiful bubble rider wings do you make your costumes your self or do you have some go to makers that you like to work with?

Also I would love to hear more of the details on what it is like being a travel faire fae and what that experience is like. We have some local faires out here and my mum is part of one of the guilds that puts them on but they don't often have magical elements outside of the patrons so it is something I would be really interested in learning more about.

And lastly I think you might enjoy birthday's. I am a children's party entertainer and it really is a blast because as opposed to festivals where it is very sand-boxish, at least the ones I've worked. The parties really give you a chance to create and lead the children through their own magical adventure of your own imagination.

Sadly, I can not sew to save a life! I can do some minor stuff but I am wanting to learn! I work with some close friends of mine who are seamstresses or costume makers. The one I now sport is made by a friend, Klara Wilson. She made this is a week!

As far as a traveling fae goes, it's nothing too crazy! It's a fun road trip down to Santa Fe every year, but outside of that there isn't much traveling for me. I mostly do a lot of local events, like the unicorn Festival, that was happening in Littleton CO. It's a lot of fun to go down to NM though, everyone there is wonderful and the cast there, about 98%, is all coming from CO. So we are travel together and stay at the same hotel that we book up every year. and we have grown so much since I started. Whe nI was recruited I was an elf gypsy on street cast and there were maybe 10 total characters. Now going into my 5th year there we are 100 strong! and just in the fairy village part!
PMEmailWebsite
^
Pixiegirl
 Posted: 28th July 2017, 10:50 AM
Nursery Rhyme
14 posts
Joined 30.Jan.17
Pixie Hollow

Woah! That is soooooooooooo cool. I wish I could do something like that but I don't even know how I would get started like.

--------------------
I believe in fairies!
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Introductions | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

©