Fae In The Park?
Saelyyia
 Posted: 30th January 2017, 12:30 PM
Fable
Administrator
254 posts
Joined 5.Nov.15
Southern California

I have been thinking about this for awhile and I thought I would share it with the rest of you. In our area we have a nice little community of fae/fae enthusiasts and we are very fond of holding picnics and tea parties, etc for our group often in public areas. We have even toyed around with the idea of advertising it as a free meet & greet.

The concept is called "Fae in the Park" where we all attend in costumes and we bring our instruments, bits & babbles, possibly set up some games for anyone who may stop by and we create a mini fairy area in a local park for a day and let people know that they can come meet some fairies for an afternoon of magic. My friend's and I have trialed this once and it was pretty fun. Not to mention a great way to introduce new people to the community and bring some magic to people's lives.

What do you folks think about this type of thing?

--------------------
~~~ Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic ~~~

Administrator Account - Have a question? Need some help?
Private message or email me!
PMEmailWebsite
^
Leafy the Fairy
 Posted: 30th January 2017, 8:24 PM
Nursery Rhyme
34 posts
Joined 22.Feb.16
WNY

That sounds like a great idea! I had thought of doing something similar as a mermaid. I live near Lake Ontario and was thinking of introducing Mermaid Mondays at a local lake beach and you could come visit a mermaid for free for like an hour and maybe even hear a story. I thought it would be a fun way to get my face out there and possibly drum up party business or become a local interest story on top of being a magical experience for a little kid.

The only problem I see with public parks or public beaches is if the crowds get too big you might be considered a gathering and have to get a permit for having so many people there at once for a scheduled public event. I'm not really sure and I bet you'd have to have quite a group of people going before worrying about permits or whatnot.
PMWebsite
^
Saelyyia
 Posted: 31st January 2017, 9:55 AM
Fable
Administrator
254 posts
Joined 5.Nov.15
Southern California

I did some searching and as far as I could find in our county it looks like as long as we don't have any booths selling anything we do not need a permit.

--------------------

PMEmailWebsite
^
Ashe
 Posted: 2nd February 2017, 3:53 PM
the feathered fae
Administrator
233 posts
Joined 12.Apr.15
Cali

Of course, I would love to! Closest thing to this that I can remember going to was the mini renaissance faire in my town. It's too bad it got rained out, looks like it won't be coming around again this year http://i.imgur.com/Dd5S9o4.gif

It would be nice to have a little get-together, no stress of big crowds and a chance to relax and talk.

I'd like to start thinking about when springtime comes around. http://i.imgur.com/gHxkm6c.gif

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood faerie

PMEmail
^
Pixiegirl
 Posted: 12th February 2017, 10:46 PM
Nursery Rhyme
11 posts
Joined 30.Jan.17
N/A

This would be so much fun! I wish I had more friends in my area that were into this sort of thing but they are all sports people or hardcore gamers or busy with school. I would totally love to have picnics or get-togethery like things with other fae and just RP or something in costume for fun.

--------------------
I believe in fairies!
PM
^
Saelyyia
 Posted: 12th February 2017, 10:52 PM
Fable
Administrator
254 posts
Joined 5.Nov.15
Southern California

QUOTE (Pixiegirl @ 12th February 2017, 9:46 PM)
This would be so much fun! I wish I had more friends in my area that were into this sort of thing but they are all sports people or hardcore gamers or busy with school. I would totally love to have picnics or get-togethery like things with other fae and just RP or something in costume for fun.

Have you talked to your friend's about it? Many of my local fae friends weren't really into it until I invited them to some events and they ended up getting inspired and having a good time.

Or you could try facebook groups for local meet-ups. I started one for our county and while it is small it makes meeting up for those who aren't on the forum often really easy.

--------------------

PMEmailWebsite
^
Kalypsokrystal
 Posted: 22nd February 2017, 11:32 PM
Nursery Rhyme
6 posts
Joined 11.Apr.16
N/A

I would LOVE to come to your Fae Tea...I could probably even help with it...

I was delighted to meet you at that rainy day mini renaissance faire and I am sorry it wasn't invited back again (I know some of the promoters, it was a special invitation by your community.)

and I am sorry I haven't remembered to post things from The Green Man lately (but our local Naughty Faery has been indisposed for several months.

I will remember to share Beltaine news with you, I hope you will be able to join us this year, as I KNOW you would be adored there. I know the date is: April 29th, more details when they are available. <3

Faery kisses!
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Performances | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

©