New Poll

Armor And Weapons?
Mitania
 Posted: 2nd February 2017, 5:33 PM
Nursery Rhyme
16 posts
Joined 27.Mar.16
N/A

As a role-player, I'm particularly drawn to characters who are laden with armor and yield weapons. Usually speaking of elves. I have a few friends who have designed phenomenally crafted swords and bows, I'll have to upload pictures next time we all meet.

I ws wondering if anyone else likes seeing fae who use metal along with their magic? I can't say I've ever seen a fairy wielding a battle axe but maybe it could be a cool concept.

Here is some foam armor from a set I made for a dark elf years ago. I'd like to try my hand at it sometime soon.

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image
PM
^
Ashe
 Posted: 2nd February 2017, 5:44 PM
the feathered fae
Administrator
233 posts
Joined 12.Apr.15
Cali

Personally, I'm all for fae who aren't afraid to go into battle! Of course its often the elves who get all of the spotlight in the media (right now I am thinking about Lord of the Rings and Eragon), but I think it would be cool to see others.
Most often I see fae with bows. I think they're a very graceful weapon.

That armor is fantastic by the way! I'm assuming you used the mod podge and acrylic method? A friend of mine makes foam armor.

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood faerie

Administrator Account - Have a question? Need some help?
Private message or email me!
PMEmail
^
Mitania
 Posted: 2nd February 2017, 5:52 PM
Nursery Rhyme
16 posts
Joined 27.Mar.16
N/A

Is that right? I'm not too serious about the sport but I do have a 20 pound longbow. I usually just bring it out during rp meets though. Your warrior faerie sounds like a great concept. I would continue working on that if I were you.

And thank you, yes I did use mod lodge with acrylic. I'm not sure how your friend does it but a tip I found and I recommend is thinning down the glue and paint with water to avoid cracking.
PM
^
Pixiegirl
 Posted: 12th February 2017, 10:44 PM
Nursery Rhyme
11 posts
Joined 30.Jan.17
N/A

I don't really think of fairies with metal usually because of the whole iron allergy thing you usually read about but I like the concept of them having armor and weapons made out of naturally occuring things. At least for the little fairies like in the Pixie Hollow world so they can use like acorn helmets, and porcupine spines as spears and stuff. Or like if any of you have played Guild Wars 2 there is a race of bioluminescent plant people, the Sylvari, who are completely made of plant and all their armor is too I think a warrior society of fae would be kinda cool though.

--------------------
I believe in fairies!
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Accessories | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

©