First Offaecial Gig As A Fairy
Saelyyia
 Posted: 30th March 2017, 9:35 AM
The Twilight Rose
Administrator
263 posts
Joined 5.Nov.15
Southern California

So I am excited to announce that while I have been doing events for a few years now I have never done a paid gig as a fairy, but as I am in the process of getting my business license and such I actually have my first paid event as a fairy coming up. We have a local store around here in our harbor for independent makers and such and they also do a lot of work with a charity that raises money to help homeless pets and for Mother's Day weekend they are bringing in my Green Fairy and filling the entire store with giant flowers to create a fairy grove for photos to raise money for the charity. I am pretty excited.

--------------------
~~~ Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic ~~~

Administrator Account - Have a question? Need some help?
Private message or email me!
PMEmailWebsite
^
Leafy the Fairy
 Posted: 23rd April 2017, 9:25 PM
Nursery Rhyme
34 posts
Joined 22.Feb.16
WNY

Hurray! That sounds like a really fun gig!
PMWebsite
^
Saelyyia
 Posted: 24th April 2017, 7:45 AM
The Twilight Rose
Administrator
263 posts
Joined 5.Nov.15
Southern California

Thanks Leafy! I it is pretty exciting. I also just got my business license for my company for character performing So I actually do princesses, mermaids, fairy, and other original characters. It is pretty exciting all around.

--------------------

PMEmailWebsite
^
Saelyyia
 Posted: 12th May 2017, 11:50 AM
The Twilight Rose
Administrator
263 posts
Joined 5.Nov.15
Southern California

So the excitement is building. The event is tomorrow from Noon to 2:00pm at a popular store in our harbor village and the best part is that we are raising money for Homeless Pets in our city. I have been pushing the event on Facebook to my companies followers and to locals and the interest is HUGE so I am hoping we have a good turn out. I am thinking I may even bring my pan flute out to play some notes here and there during the lulls in the crowd, but I'm not sure.

--------------------

PMEmailWebsite
^
Ashe
 Posted: 14th May 2017, 10:01 PM
the feathered fae
Administrator
234 posts
Joined 12.Apr.15
Cali

How did your event go? I'm excited to hear! http://i.imgur.com/VHksnm1.gif

--------------------
Your friendly neighborhood faerie

PMEmail
^
Saelyyia
 Posted: 15th May 2017, 10:27 AM
The Twilight Rose
Administrator
263 posts
Joined 5.Nov.15
Southern California

Unfortunately the event was kind of awful all the way around for a couple of reason that kinda really bug me. Especially since this was suppose to be a fundraiser to help homeless pets here in the city I live in.

1) The owner of the store the event was at had promised to do several things she did not do; including but not limited handling the marketing for the event (which is not my responsibility anyways as I am just a hired performer to attract the crowd) which she did not do any of. I did have an event up on my company's Facebook page that I shared around, but outside of my advertising there was none making it so that there was zero community awareness of what the event was, where it was, what it was for, or that it was even happening. She was also suppose to fill the little store with giant flowers to create a "fairy Glen" photo spot that she promise to do because otherwise the fairy appearance at the harbor would be just really off with all the dolphin and mermaid murals everywhere. There was nowhere really setup for the photo meet & Greet they had booked but a beat up wicker chair with nails poking out of it that was covered in fish net and sea shells for their "flower fairy meet & greet" fundraising event.....And their background? The parking lot facing the fishing docs, not even the planter bed right outside the store.

2) The owner ended up not being able to be present at the event for personal reason, but did not notify me of this so she had a random friend waiting there who was very rude to their patrons and told me it was all my fault that they didn't have a crowd because I should of been advertising for the event. I pointed out in my contract that I am not responsible for this but she was very ogreish about things.

3) The whole point of the event was that for a $5.00 donation per group of people you could take as many pictures as you wanted with me and 100% of the money went straight to the charity. You also received a token for the neighboring ice cream parlor for a discount. She did not give out the nickles to half the very small amount of people that came buy and said nothing about them to the ones that she did give them to unless I mentioned it. If people asked she kinda just mumbled about it. And they had the sign for the event hidden on a back table so you couldn't see that there was a charge and a little old lady was taking a picture of me from over buy her car and the lady got up to tell her she owned them money now. It just gave me a very bad taste and they didn't like me "wasting time" talking to anyone who didn't want to donate. Like they didn't want me to interact at all until someone handed her money which just seemed very rude and cold.

4) No one had bothered to check other events happening in the harbor village where this store is located so they didn't know it was the 35th anniversary celebration of the most popular restaurant there so everyone that came by was only interested in getting to the fish and chips place for the celebration. Even the marketing director from the Harbor was confused on why they would hold this event the same day and was concerned about our low level of foot traffic.

Overall it was just not a very good event. We barely raised $40ish dollars for the charity and We had almost no people come by. I left with a bad taste in my mouth. I understand not all events are good ones but that just really got to me. They could of done so much more for this charity if they at the very least said something on their Facebook, website, or had been advertising it in their store prior to the event.

--------------------

PMEmailWebsite
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

©